Few features of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 VPC 2009
1. All the accelerator are preinstalled on VPC
2. It contains 2 VHD files 1 has all installed component and other is for extension purpose which can be used in future to add new software in VPC
3. It contains two local area network one has fixed IP and other can be used to access the internet inside VPC.
4. It can be closed in saved state quickly as well as it start faster than before.
How to use internet inside VPC.
As I mention earlier VPC has two Local Area Networks; connect the first the (one with Static Address) to Local Only and other to you Network adapter. Ref figure below
In Local Area Connection- I do not remove the IP address just remove the default gateway so for internet can be access using other Local Area Connection.
Now you should be able to access internet inside VPC. Ref figure below
5. How to access CRM from outside the VPC
As Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 and Default website is running on same port 80, so we require to stop Default Website to access crm from outside using server name or IP.
Add the port 80 to identities of web site. Ref figure below
Now you can access the CRM using your Server IP address or